Defining Moments: If I Could Turn Back Time

Source 

Happy Monday, friends. Hope you had a great and regenerating weekend.

As it turns out, this 4Q will be pretty intense as far as work and play -so it has been during the past years. I can't wait to share here with you all the excitement.

In the meantime, I've been thinking lately about this first 'defining' moment, a life landmark if you will: When I was four years old, my mother took me to Paris. I got so impressed by the beauty of the city. Thirty one years later, I still remember how, towards the end of that trip, I was secretly wishing to be back in time, like a week or so, so I could re-live the whole experience again. That was the first time I felt that way. 

As much as I always think that the best is yet to come and I'm not necessarily nostalgic about the past, that 'four-year-old girl's sentiment' has always been a reference for me, especially when travelling. And since I sense that, by the end of November, I'll be having a lot of those, I thought I'd write about it now. My goal? Well, I want to savour the pre-game weeks -from today to the end of this month- as much as possible, thinking that at the end of November, I'll be wishing to be back at this precise moment, when I'm wrapping up this Monday post.

I guess that it all comes down to living in the moment, right?

I'm curious, have you ever wanted to be back in time so that you could re-live experiences? Or is it just me being a total over-thinker, as usual? ;)

Have a great week! 

5 comments

  1. I'd love to go back to Paris myself...I missed so much. It would be great to go back there :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris is a magical magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are definitely times I wish I could go back to. Paris is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have felt this way before, yes. I'm confused... are you moving again? Are you in Paris? Or are you just really loving this phase of your life and think you'll miss it?

    XO, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally, there are a few moments that I would love to go back to...just for a moment:) Btw: J'adore Paris! Kisses and hugs, sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! You comments make me happy and inspire me to get better. Thank you!

@elsacafesocietyxxi

Back to Top