Five Must-See Spots: Malibu, CA



Happy Monday, amig@s! I hope you had a great weekend.

When it comes to travelling (especially short getaways), my motto is: 'Overplan. Then, go with the flow.' Plus, I'm the type of person who enjoys the planning stage almost as much as the trip itself. I'm launching a new series on the blog: 'Five Must-See Spots' I'll be sharing my two cents on the top not-to-be-missed spots in some of the favorite cities I have visited. I hope it can help or inspire you for upcoming trips. 

First stop: Malibu, CA

Malibu Vineyards


Dolin Malibu Estate Vineyards
When we hear about Malibu, probably dreamy beaches and surfers are the first things that come to our minds. But Malibu vineyards give the beaches a round for its money. Just the drive from PCH through the Canyons, sourrounded by the magnificent Santa Monica Mountains is breathtaking. Malibu Wines is a perfect spot to experience what this side of Malibu has to offer. Bring your own food and good company and let the wine tasting begin. They usually have live music too.

Malibu Wines
El Matador Beach


El Matador Beach definitely lives up to the hype. Dramatic rock formations and sea caves make of this beach one of the top attractions in the area (and one of the best beaches in the country!) An absolute must.

Paradise Cove


My brother and I discovered that place in August 2010 (don't we look young in these pics!?!) But Paradise Cove goes back to the late 1950s, when Joe Morris bought two adjacent parcels and turned them into a 70 beachfront acres recreational area.

Great food, scenic views and a private beach. That's pretty much all that you need to elevate a beach day into an unforgettable experience. I was only there twice, and I still remember how much fun it was. I can't wait to take Michael and Lucia there. 







Malibu Pier




A classic landmark, really hard to miss. I had the best Margarita of my life at Jimmy's. Watch the surfers riding waves while the fishermen patiently wait to get the catch of the day. It doesn't get more real!

Getty Villa


And speaking of classic landmarks, the Getty Villa remains a cultural and artistic reference. Named after its founder, oil tycoon J.P. Getty, the Villa-Museum holds one of the most extensive collections of Ancien Art in the world: 44,000 Greek, Roman and Etruscan antiquities dating from 6500 BC to 400 AC. New York Based art historian N.F. Karlins writes a great review about the experience.

Have you guys been to Malibu, CA? Any recommendations?

My last trip to LA in 2012.

Next stop in the Five Must-See Spots coming soon...Florida Keys. 

4 comments

  1. I've never been to Malibu but something tells me I'd love it. Just looks so beachy and carefree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your travel motto! It's always good to over plan everything then you can figure out what to do with your time. I really want to check out the Malibu Vineyards. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that villa looks so dreamy! Hey, how bout you and I meet at Jimmy's for a margarita;) I think that idea is fabulous. Still hoping to meet you one day, my friend. Beautiful pics here. I'm going to Ca for the first time this August...to Napa. My sub for Tuscana. LOL.
    Thanks for sharing, Elsa. XO!
    www.classyeverafterblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am from Malibu. I like your choices. I'd add Zuma beach and Westward beach. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! You comments make me happy and inspire me to get better. Thank you!

@elsacafesocietyxxi

Back to Top