How Haper's Bazaar Editor-In-Chief ROCKED MY WORLD

I've already expressed here my excitement about Lifetime's series The Conversation. Every episode features very personal and revealing interviews to four different ladies -from Jane Fonda to Miley Cyrus. After four episodes and sixteen interviews, I realized that the key of the show is to find out which one of the high-profile ladies participating on the show, is talking directly to YOU. 

I was particularly excited about Gwyneth and Diane Von Furstenberg's interviews -as I worship their lives, careers and personalities. And they didn't disappoint me at all. It was great to listen to Jane Fonda too-what a legend!

But it definitely was Glenda Bailey, the current editor-in-chief of Hapers' Bazaar, who literally ROCKED MY WORLD! What an amazing inspiration! I strongly recommend to listen to her interview, where she talks about her journey to success (it starts at min 27)

Via 
Let me break down MY FAVORITE THOUGHTS: 

1. Loss and Fear can become the greatest motivators ever, as they contribute to define what you really want in life. Once you assume that 'calculated risk' and  are willing to loose everything, then you are ready to WIN IT ALL! (Connect to point #3) 

2. Start at the top! 'Working your way up is overestimated' Meaning that it's much better to have the big picture of what you really want to become, and work downwards. 

3 Follow your heart and your instincts. Sometimes, the biggest regrets and mistakes in life come from not following your heart and listen to the people that discourage you. 

Are you guys following the series? 

6 comments

  1. I hadn't heard of this series before, but it sounds great! Will definitely have to check it out! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great show. I am following you :)
    Check out my blog sometime if you get a chance :)
    fashionaccordingtosteph.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, I can't watch the clip here in Hong Kong, gutted! It looks like a fabulous series, such a shame I can't check it out.

    Love these three pieces of advice especially, very motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds like a very smart and brave lady ! Great post :) I don't think it is showing here in the UK.. SHAME


    P.S The next time you swing by BPR would you mind voting for mine in the UK Cosmo blog awards under 'lifestyle' - I'd really appreciate it - the button is on the right handside and it only takes a couple of minutes xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to have someone who inspires you so much! I really like your blog, it would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits and more :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, you totally got me hooked on this show. I watched this this week and seriously loved it - I wish Melissa McCarthy was my neighbor!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! You comments make me happy and inspire me to get better. Thank you!

@elsacafesocietyxxi

Back to Top