Out Of South Africa: Capetown And Surroundings (Part II)


Hey guys! Welcome to my second and last installment documenting our stay in Capetown and surroundings. On Friday, we headed to Stellenbosch, the heart of South Africa's Wine Lands. The ongoing rain threat didn't keep us from enjoying some wine tasting and capturing the beauty of the landscape.
 

We stopped at Tokara and got to try some wonderful Shiraz.


 
After we left the winery, we drove around the area and to our disappointment, it finally started raining cats and dogs. We headed to Stellenbosch downtown to have dinner. Naturally, when you are starving, looking for a parking place under the rain, it doesn't take less than 45 minutes to find a spot! Aha, not nice...But then, we found a parking garage right in front of the The Hussar Grill. It seemed like a match made in heaven. What we didn't know at that time is that The Hussar Grill had been repeatedly named as the #1 restaurant in the area!
 


The picture above is from the one in Camps Bay. We had the most scrumptious salads, the juiciest steaks, the most delish wine...and we had a complementary 'chocolate vodka' cocktail, that truly, rocked my world! Look at those faces!...LOL
 
 
 
Saturday morning, we left the area to drive to the East Coast. I'll be blogging about it next week. The following Friday, we returned to Capetown to spend the last 48 hours, before flying back to Germany that Sunday.
 
We spent our last two night in Villa Simona, a lovely guest house nestled in the Camps Bay hills with mind blowing views of the ocean and the mountains. And check out that Sunset! A fierce competitor to the ones in Florida, don't you think?
 





 
That same night, we had dinner at Ocean Blue, by the beach. It had been a long day/drive.
 

 
 
To our delight, Saturday became the perfect day to hit Table Mountain.
 

 
 
Can you believe those views?
 



 

 
After hitting back sea level, we headed to V&A Waterfront -which is even more beautiful under the sun, so we can see how it is framed by Table Mountain!
 
 
Did I mention that I had the most scrumptious salads?
 
 
 
And look who did some shopping!
 

 
 That's how we I spent our Saturday afternoon!
 
 
For dinner, we had reservations at Hussar Grill again! Look at those happy meal faces! :)
 
 
And that's all for now! Next week I'll write about the East Coast and the Addo Elephant Park.

Have a lovely weekend and thanks so much for reading!

5 comments

  1. So amazing, the views across are breath-taking!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you were in SA, so happy you enjoyed your stay in my country, Cape Town is one of the most beautiful places in the world, your photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are stunning, looks like a fabulous trip!

    Emma | Fluff and Fripperies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy,I love all those photos and the view blows my mind. What an amazing trip and you two look so in love and so wonderful together. Muah, darling. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous pictures, Elsa. You are gorgeous. I love it when you put yourself on this blog:) I'm loving your new blog design too.
    I answered your question over on my blog today too.
    Thanks for sharing these breathtaking snaps.
    XO, GIna

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! You comments make me happy and inspire me to get better. Thank you!

@elsacafesocietyxxi

Back to Top