After Forgiving And Forgetting Someone, Can We Fall In Love Again With That Person?

You know me, and my passion for early-week night reruns on Style TV. Tuesday night, it was all about Sex And The City, Season 3: Carrie cheating on Aidan with Mr. Big, Natasha and Aidan finding out about it -not good!-, Charlotte discovering his soon-to-be husband sexual issues the night before their wedding...To me, SATC season 3 is one of the best seasons on TV shows history!

After 90 minutes of three back-to-back episodes of SATC, I couldn't help but wonder: We all know that 'forgiveness' is the key to 'healing.' We need to forgive and forget in order to move on with our lives and to grow. Now, the question is: Can we fall in love back in love with that very person that betrayed us?


In our relationships...Are we supposed to 'draw a line' about what we cannot tolerate? If those lines are crossed...Sure, we have to forgive and forget...But, where does the love go? And is it coming back?


I guess that one of the most reasonable answers about this matter, comes from my girl Gwyneth Paltrow on her brilliant Haper's Bazaar interview: "I think you do fall in and out of love and you just keep going, and every time you go through a really difficult phase, you rediscover something new and it just gets better. We've been married for more than eight years now, and we're still into it."

Where do you stand on the issue?

No comments

I would love to hear from you! You comments make me happy and inspire me to get better. Thank you!

@elsacafesocietyxxi

Back to Top