The End Of The Beginning (Part I): Travelling To The Keys

Darlings! Hope you guys had a great weekend - and for those living in the Good Old USA, I wish you had an equally great Thanksgiving break. 

I can't complain myself. As I had anticipated, I could enjoy a much appreciated five-day break, along with my boyfriend -who, by the way, just left Miami a few hours ago. The last days have been extremely emotional, for many different reasons -all of them good!

I can't wait to share with you all the details. For that purpose, I just came up with the idea of a three-part post, in an effort to compile all the events and emotions -and hopefully entertain you a little bit! ;) 

Michael and I headed to the Keys on Wednesday morning. Key West is my favorite Florida destination for a  long weekend getaway. One of the best part of driving from Miami to Key West is the actual drive itself and the kind of obligated stop half way for either a brunch or an early lunch. In this occasion, we stopped at Islamorada's Whale Harbour -amazing sea food and a view to match. 






We finally made it to Key West in time for the Sunset celebration at Mallory Square. The clouds spoiled the views, but...show must go on!





The best part of the night was just about to get started. Michael finally hit a lifetime landmark: his first Cuban restaurant. I successfully talked him into it -as it is part of my heritage! El Meson de Pepe certainly met our expectations and he truly enjoyed his Bistec de Palomilla -even tried a bit of my Picadillo (truth to be told, my late grandma's was better!) 



After dinner, I kept little surprise under my sleeve: Better Than Sex. I discovered that dessert restaurant a few years ago, during a weekend getaway with the girlfriends. Michael and I were pretty excited about trying the scrumptious desserts -with a sensual twist. Check out by yourself! Don't miss the Choco-Cab, a chocolate-rimmed glass of wine filled with the richest Argentinean Malbec. 






As much as we enjoyed every single bite -along with the wine and ambiance- after all the activity (and the 2,500 calorie intake)- at 11pm we were more than ready to call it a day!

Coming right up: Thanksgiving celebration in Key West! 



6 comments

  1. Elsa, you look so gorgeous! You are such a natural beauty and you look radiant in these pics.
    Those deserts look amazing!! I'm so happy for you guys, but I know it must be very hard to part ways even though it's temporary. I'll write you back via emial later today. Your email made me smile. thanks so much!
    XO, Gina
    http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both are so adorable and those desserts look scrumptious. Also, you look so happy in those photos. Kisses and hugs, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such an amazing vacation! So jealous!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys, I want to live vicariously thru you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dessert looks awesome!! Really like it's better than sex! :) xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings! What do you think about advertisements on blogging resources?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! You comments make me happy and inspire me to get better. Thank you!

@elsacafesocietyxxi

Back to Top